Here fishy fishy fishy

August 7, 2017

Dear Diary,

Dad and Claire took me to do this thing they called "fishing". I still don't know what that means but I got a car ride so I was totally game. 

We drove, like, forever, and I got to stick my head out of the window the WHOLE time. Is there anything better than the wind blowing through your ears?! Finally we arrived at this great big pond and I got to pee somewhere new. 

We sat by the water for a long time- like 3 dog-hours. I was really bored and was just about to go chew on Claire's shoes when Dad's stick started to wiggle. Everyone got really excited. I ran in circles and barked because that seemed like the right thing to do. Then, oh boy, then I saw that Dad had a toy on the end of his stick! Well, I really wanted that toy. It looked like it would squeak! 

So, I ran as fast as I could and jumped right into the water after that toy. At first I sank like a rock and it was really scary. I ran like I always do when I'm scared and suddenly I was moving towards the toy. The toy was super fast and soon I forgot where it was. Then I realized that I wasn't near Dad anymore and I ran really fast back to him. He was almost down to his underwear because he thought he'd have to come save me, but I am a good swimmer.  I was so happy to see him that I launched out of the water and I was safe. I guess I must have hit his stick with my tail because it flew into the lake. He must have thought it looked fun to chase the toy because then he jumped into the lake too! It was crazy. But he did catch his toy. 

It was so fun. I love my daddy. 

Love, Hank

Comments

Popular Posts