I'm a Smart Boy and I like it! Fixed Mindset Be Damned.

Dear Diary,

This morning I went out of the doggy door and went potty all by myself! Daddy was resting, I couldn't get to Mom's favorite rug and I noticed last night that when I went potty on Echo's bed that everyone gets all worked up and I end up outside.  SOOOOOO, I figured it out all by myself that I should go outside to potty.   I might make a habit of that.  It means I am a smart boy.

Mommy says I am a smart boy.  I know that adds to my fixed mindset, but I like it when Mommy gives me compliments.  She pets me and lets me give her kisses when I am a smart boy.   That's almost worth pooping outside.

This evening on our walk I showed Mommy how well I can walk with Echo.  Echo even likes me when we walk.  Today she and I played and ran and romped.  I follow Echo everywhere and when she sniffs, I sniff. She pees on a lot of trees. I'm not sure why she does that. When I learn to control my pee I'll do that too! I took lots of rests while Echo caught up. Sometimes I just need a break! Mommy lets me walk off leash with Echo and I love the wild open space.  My walks with Mommy and Echo are almost the best part of the day - second after kisses and snuggles during Sunrise Fiesta.   And third after biting Claire's feet.


Just to show Mommy and Echo how smart I really am I led the way home.  I know where my home is and I know all of our walking routes.  Echo even showed me how to look both ways before I cross the street.  She told me that I need to watch for the speeding death machines.  I think those are the things I like to ride in, but apparently they are dangerous from the outside.  I do whatever Echo does because she is my big sister and I love her.

When we got home we had a great big meal.  Mommy says I need to grow into my feet.  I don't know what that means but I know I am getting more and more food all the time.  I weigh 22 human pounds now.  I think that's like 2000 dog pounds.  That's 9 more pounds than when I arrived here two weeks ago.  Mom calls me "Tons of Fun" but Dad says I'm totally buff and that I'll be a manly dog when I'm big. For now though, I'm a momma's boy and I like it.

Here's some pictures of our walk.  I was so stinkin cute that Mommy took lots of pictures.
More tomorrow, Mr. Diary.

Love, Hank

Comments

Popular Posts