Indoor Recess

August 8, 2017

Sleeping with my legs up keeps me from snoring


Dear Diary, 


Yesterday was my first day of indoor recess.  It rained all day!  Mom and I started Sunrise Fiesta with a nice meal and a fun game where I tried to catch her hands with my sharpest teeth.  I am not sure she enjoyed it as much as I did.  When she pulled her hands away, I latched onto her robe instead.  Not as much fun.  


We spent the morning hanging out inside except when Mom and Echo made me go outside to pee.  Echo said I was being so annoying that she would rather lay outside in the pouring rain than stay inside with me.  Her loss, I say.  Mom was a little exasperated with Echo.  She'd come in and Mom would dry her off and then I would bite her tail and she would go right back out in the rain.  GEEZ!  That is so selfish of her.  Mommy doesn't have time to keep drying her off!


Mom and I had a great time snuggling and watching Shrek while she did her work.  I like the Donkey best.  About mid-morning I was getting bored so I knocked down the baby gate and followed Mom downstairs while she washed the blankets I'd peed on the day before.  She said I was full of pee and vinegar.  I don't know what vinegar is, but it must be good because she was smiling.  Since she mentioned pee, I thought I should maybe do that.  So I went over to Mom's white shag rug, her favorite, and had time to both pee and poop on it before she noticed.  It was the one that was most like grass, so I think she was really proud of me.  She just sighed, cleaned it up and put on her raincoat for an outside adventure!  Score! Now I know that is where I should poop every time. 


Our outside adventure was wet and fun.  It was like jumping in the lake without the almost drowning part.  I didn't see any of those fun fishy things, but there was a lot of cool stuff floating by in the gutter so I chased that stuff instead.  Mommy and Echo and I went for a nice long walk.  I jumped in all of the puddles I could find.  Mommy did too.  Echo is too serious for that and just turned her nose up at my hi-jinx.   


When we got home Mom dried me in a warm towel right out of the hot-spinning machine.  Then she had hot cocoa with marshmallows and I had water.  Echo went back outside to sleep in the yard.  I guess I was really annoying yesterday.  I wanted marshmallows in mine drink too so I dropped two spare dog food nuggets in my water and they got all mushy and grew to, like, three times their normal size.  They were awesome marshmallows.  


All this writing makes me tired.  I think I will take a nap, but I'll be back. 


Love, Hank



Comments

Popular Posts