Sunrise Fiestas

August 6, 2017

Mom and Auntie and I just finished today's Sunrise Fiesta! This is my favorite time of the day.  I get mommy all to myself and she moves her feet a lot so I think that means I should bite her.  It's a fun dance and she earns lots of extra Fitbit points, so I think she really appreciates my efforts on her behalf.  Daddy tried to do Sunrise Fiesta today but he fell asleep on the floor until Mommy tagged him out.  He was boring so I went outside to practice my Super Dog lunges with Echo.  I like how she stands up so I bounce off her and roll in the grass.  It's great cardio and I know she is just doing that to challenge me and make me even better.

We have such a fun time during Sunrise Fiesta.  We eat and drink tea (mommy likes English Breakfast and ever since I ran off with her tea bag, I find I like it too).  Then we go outside to play in the backyard.  This morning I waited until 6:00 am to start Sunrise Fiesta because I am afraid my parents will throw me in a river if I keep waking them up at 4:00 am like I did all this week.  I mean, it is the weekend, right.  Might as well let the old geezers sleep.  

We just got back from our walk.  Echo and I get along really well when we are walking.  She lets me walk beside her and if she falls behind, which she does a lot because she is old and slow and likes to sniff at things I don't understand, I sit politely and wait for her. Mommy calls this chivalry, but I like to think of it as just being smart because she protects me from the mean voices behind the fences.

Today I learned about these fuzzy brown toys that lay in the grass and then run away really fast when you lunge at them.  I couldn't run that fast and then I would forget what I was chasing and sit down. But they look fun so I will keep trying to catch one as I grow up.  Echo says she has caught TWO in her life.  TWO!  She's my hero. [Side note for readers from Mommy: Echo caught 1) a baby bunny trapped in our backyard and 2) a bunny that was dumb enough to run up a downspout.  She just sat at the bottom like Wiley Coyote with her mouth open waiting for it to slide down.  It did.]

Then when we got home I caught a styrofoam plate that blew off the table and rolled across the kitchen floor.  I totally dominated that plate.

All this adventure makes me tired.  I am going to take a nap now.  More later.

Love, Hank


Comments

Popular Posts