The Lap Desk Incident

Dear Diary,

I feel that I need to explain an incident from last Saturday.  You see, there our usual Saturday morning routine and Mom was cleaning.  Well, I decided to take  a little nap while she went to get groceries.  Dad was downstairs so I just curled up under the couch, where it is cool.  Mom left and then Dad left on his thing that's like a car with no doors.  And Echo went outside.  So when I woke up I was all alone.  I stretched, drank some water and went outside to find Echo.  It was hot so I came back in.  Echo came in with me.  After about 3 minutes I got bored and started looking for toys.  I found this neat pillow with a hard side.  It smelled just like Mommy and tasted like cheese.  Echo told me that it wasn't a toy.  She said I would get in trouble.  I waited, like, 7 dog-seconds for Mom or Dad to come home but they didn't.  So I just took a little bite.  As soon as I did, this white stuff started running out of it.  Echo screamed and ran out.  I panicked and tried to make it stop but it only got worst.  Then it got stuck on my top tooth (everything gets caught on that!!) and so I ran around the room trying to get it off.  Well, when that happened, the white stuff went everywhere.  It was like a bag of puppies sprung out all over the room.  Echo came in and laid down and told me that I was in SOOOO much trouble that she couldn't wait until Mom came home.




Just then we heard Mommy's car.  When she came in I did the only thing I could think of ... I used the cute puppy eyes!  It mostly worked because she sighed, laughed and said something like "Dammit."  Which I think means - the same thing as that's funny.   Then she brought in a bunch of stuff, told me I was silly and said Dad could clean this up when he got home.  

A few minutes later, Dad got home and he and I cleaned it all up. I helped.  


So that's the story of the Lap Desk Incident.  For my first catastrophic failure, it wasn't bad. :-) And I didn't even get in trouble. 

Love, 

Hank

Comments

Popular Posts