The Owy Place

Dear Diary,

Life was moving along great until yesterday. I almost always poop outside and mostly pee outside, except when I'm excited or it sneaks up on me. I'm pretty sure Mom feels a lot better  about her rugs now. 

So you can imagine my surprise when Mom put me in my traveling basket and took me to a new place. I knew I wouldn't like it the minute we left the car. I knew this because an old man in the car park said to me, "boy, you're not going to like it here."  I can take a hint so I stalled out in the yard as long as I could. When I finally ran out of pee, Mom took me in. It smelled funny, like the stuff Mom put on my ear when it was swollen. I was skeptical but they had my name on the board and four different kinds of treats in jars so I thought I'd wait it out. 

They took Mommy and me back to a little room with a big shiny table. It was boring so once I'd checked everything out I laid down and chewed up my leash. Finally, like 36 dog minutes later a man came in. He said his name was Dr. Sunshine 🌞.  I thought that was a pretty awesome name. Who doesn't like sunshine, right? 

Well, I'll tell you what! I don't know if I like sunshine anymore! He poked and rubbed and even stuck his fingers in my mouth. He taught Mommy how to make me stop biting her, which I really don't appreciate, because Mommy is soft and tasty. Then! Then he stuck me in the butt with something so sharp I didn't even have time to yelp. I was about to turn around and tell him off when he gave me a handful of treats and I forgot what I was upset about. That's tricky. I'll remember that trick next time. 

He said I'm a good boy and that I'll be "a handful."  Since I know that handfuls of treats are good, I'm guessing handfuls of Hank are good too! 

Mommy and I went shopping in the store next door and it was puppy heaven. I even forgot my butt hurt. I got a giant stuff bone (not rawhide because those give dogs like me the worst toots. I can't even stand myself.). I was so excited to get back in my traveling basket that I forgot I had a giant bone until I saw Echo eating it later. That's ok, though, I think it's good to give your big sister your treats sometimes. 

I hope we don't have to go back to the owy place anytime soon. Even a car ride isn't worth that. But if you're worried, I still like sunshine. 

Love, Hank

Comments

Popular Posts