Day 3 of the Humidity Tour (July 5, 2018): Arkansas

Dear Diary,

My Arkansas has a first name. It’s H-O-T-T-E. My Arkansas has a second name. It’s G-R-E-E-N. 

Yesterday was super boring. Only fit for snoring. We just drove and peed and drive some more. Dad did buy a fun hat. 

Arkansas is nice! I like the green and there are lots of new plants here.  It isn’t nearly as wet here so i get my truck window open sometimes. 

I found a new bug here too. Mom called it a Japanese beatle. We played a fun game where Mom flicked them off the door screen and I caught them in my mouth.  They tickled at first but had a nice crunch and a sweet piquant flavor.  

This morning I rediscovered my love of sitting on picnic tables. I also made friends with a skinny black dog, two yellow dogs and plump, happy chap from California.  He let me hang out with him while he was breaking camp.  I have this fun thing where I take my steel cable and wrap it around people and furniture. It’s awesome!

I’m pretty proud to have peed in 6 states already (Co, NM, TX, KS, OK, AR, MS) and I’m only a year old. Mom says that’s some kind of record and Dad says he’s proud of me and if I learn to lift my leg he’ll show me how to write my name!  I’ll peg a bunch more on this trip!

The people here are very friendly. It seems they like boiled peanuts. They give them as treats. A little bland, but Mom told me to be polite so I ate them. :) 

I’m sorry if there are typing errors. I’ve only got Mom’s puny little phone to write on and it’s bumpy in the truck. Thumbs would be cool. 

More tomorrow!

Love, 

Hank

Comments

Popular Posts