Day 5 of the Humidity Tour 2018 (July 7, 2018): Ocean Beach, MS

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was so fun I was too tired to write.  First Mom and I got up for sunrise fiesta about 5:30 a.m. I protected her from this nice old man who was sitting by the pond. He seemed friendly and content but I could smell the evil, so I made a holy ruckus. I think the neighbors appreciated my thoughtful warning barks. I made them extra loud and piercing!

After breakfast Echo and I played this fun game where we walk around each other and all of the trees to see who can get tired up the worst! She definitely won. She could barely move. It was hilarious!

Then we all loaded up and went to the beach. I got to let my jowles flap- I love that!   I thought for sure Echo would be all "now, you listen here, young man, you take it easy in those waves."  But it turned out she was more a beach dog than me! Here she’s telling me I’m lame because I think it’s hot and salty.  She maybe told me not to drink the water but I drank a lot anyway. Maybe that’s why I needed a nap.


We both got these cool vests so we don’t have to work so hard, we just kind of bob.  I did pretty well swimming. The water wasn’t very deep so I could kind of fake it. I’d swim straight out to Mum, give her kisses then turn and go straight back to shore. I met some little kids. They were all afraid of me. :( Even with my vest on!

So Echo became the beach darling and I went to the umbrella for snacks and water.  Mom didn’t even tell me to! I did it all by myself. Dad told me on the way there that us fair-skinned and thin-haired guys have to protect our skin! And then I was the cute one because my vest matches the umbrella. Fashionista! I mostly just napped. 


I’d like to buy the world a Coke. 


After a while Mom got bored so we packed up and went home. I was so tired and my leg hurt from swimming so I made Daddy put me in the truck. Mommy wasn’t strong enough. Instead of climbing, I put my head down and Dad just kinda somersaults me into the truck. It cracks me up. 

On the way home Mom drove and we all slept! Then we woke up about an hour after we got back to camp. Mom just let us sleep. Dad got up but Echo and I were all "just let us sleep". Finally Mom got Echo up (sometimes she poops if she doesn’t get out enough), but I said it’d be cool to sleep in the truck so she left me there. She called me her "little Boy Scout."  Finally, about 9:00, Dad made me come inside.  We slept and slept and slept!

Tomorrow is a recovery day. Going to the beach is like training for a marathon... ease into eat, lots of rest and schedule recovery days!

Day 6 (July 8) will be just sleeping the whole time so not much to report. 

I’ll be back on Day 7!

Love,

Hank

Comments

Popular Posts