Just a few of my favorite things

Dear Diary,

I hope you are well.  I have been good.  My knees really hurt.  I find that when my knees hurt, I like to chew on things.  Some of my favorite things to chew are paper, plastic bins and electrical cords.  Like, the other day, Mom was working in the office and I was sleeping under the desk, when I just happened to look up and see this bit of paper from a printer paper ream just hanging over the shelf.  Well, I got really curious about how it tasted, so I licked it. Then I realized it was kind of tasty, so I just chewed on the edge a little.  Before I knew it, I had torn off a nice big chunk.  Luckily, Mom thought it was funny, cuz I really didn't mean to get overzealous like that.   Today, Dad was cleaning out boxes and throwing away paper and he gave me a WHOLE FOLDER to chew on.  It was like Christmas or my birthday or something!  It took me, like, 20 minutes to tear it apart.  It was awesome!

I've also have a special affinity for electric cords.  When I was a wee pup, I ate my Mom's vacuum cord during Sunrise Fiesta when Dad fell asleep.  I liked it so much I chewed through the cord on her new one to see if it was just as good.  It was a little stiff for my liking but it did have Mom's lotion on it, so well worth it.  Last week I chewed up an extension cord I have been eyeing for a few months.  The storm blew it down off the table and onto the porch, so I figured it was fate!  It was about 6 feet long, so it lasted all afternoon. Glorious!

Then there's plastic ... Ohhhhh, I do love a good plastic container!  Ziploc food storage containers are the best.  They have this soft texture and the piquant of the food they held - peach pie, mac and cheese, bacon.  A few weeks ago, while Mom was out of town, I got the chance to tackle the office trash can!  Not only did I get to tear up all the paper and kleenex in it, but I got to completely disassemble the trash bin!  It was like when humans hit a hole in one.  Score! Mom was pretty mad when she got home, but she doesn't stay mad very long.  She watches me like a hawk, now, though, and I am not allowed in the office by myself anymore.  But it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! :-)

I love chewing stuff.

Love, Hank

Comments

Popular Posts