Health Update - Are joints really that important?

Dear Diary,

So after weeks of pain and lots of visits to doctors, it turns out that I am kinda broken.  I don't feel as bad as my xrays show.  Apparently, I have deformed hips (hip dysplasia) that might get worse as I age, but now just make me walk funny.  I also have a Valgus deformity in my wrists and forearms that made my front legs turn in funny angles.  I think it makes me unique and awfully cute.  It hurt when I was a few months old, but now that everything is all knitted, it doesn' hurt any more.  The real problem is my knees.  I guess I have the knees of a 90-year-old.  My left knee is the worst - completely worn meniscus.  It pops and creeps my mom out.  The right has a torn patella.  Since my hips are wonky and my arms are too short, it puts a lot of stress on my knees.  I am going to have surgery on my left knee on October 18th and my right one a month later.  I am not sure what that means, but Mom says it will fix everything and I will like to go for walks again.  For now I am on some super good pain meds -- woohoo! 

Here are some pictures - if you have any idea what you are looking at then enjoy!  You can get to know me from the inside out. :-)

Love, Hank



 



Comments

Popular Posts