Even big boys like me miss their sisters

Dear Diary,

It has been about a week and a half since Echo went away.  I am not sure what happened.  Mom and I went for frozen yogurt and a r-e-a-l-l-y long walk and when we got back she wasn't in the house any more.  Every one was sad.  Mom kept saying that I was helpful getting her through it. 

Echo was really sad and slow.  Mom says that she is no longer in pain and is running up and down trails and playing in the snow.  I don't know how that works since she really couldn't even get up to go poop.  But I am happy for her.

I was really sad for a few days.  I looked for her but I couldn't find her.  Mom pays me a lot of attention, but I don't get to eat all the extra food and treats.  But I like all the extra attention.  And I get to sleep on the dog beds that Echo used to hog.  Mom even bought me a new drinking fountain! 

I miss getting to play with Echo, even if it was just a few minutes every day.  I even miss her barking at me when I do stuff she doesn't like.   I get longer walks now too.   But it is lonely in the house when Mom and Dad are working. 

I hope she is happy, wherever she is.

Love, Hank


Comments

Popular Posts