Play dates



Dear Diary,

Ever since Echo left, I have been kind of lonely.  I know she only played with me for a few minutes a few times a day, but she always laughed at my jokes and she loved playing.  Mom is fun and I am glad she is at home some days, but I wish I had someone to play with. 

When I told Mom this, she suggested that I write notes to my neighborhood friends and ask them if they want to come to our house to play. 

I started with Luna, who is about my age, but super fast and always in a good mood.  I haven't seen her in a while, so I hope she is still there. 

Then I asked Mia, who is a fun old lady.  The romance has cooled, but she is still a good friend.  She needs as many breaks as I do, so I don't feel quite as slow and fat with her. 

Then I am going to invite Bella, the cute young Boxer on the other side of our fence.  She stopped by the other morning and she just plays and plays. 

Finally, I am inviting Nixy, who is our next door neighbor.  She is older than me, but her sister is old and tired like Echo was, so she understands what I have been through. 

I have the nicest back yard, so they should come play at my house.  Mom says not to brag, but, really, it is just the truth. 

Fingers crossed I get some dates!   Mom laughs and calls this my "harem".  I don't know what that means, but hopefully it means "lots of playmates." 

Love,
Hank

Comments

Popular Posts