It's Hell Getting Old

Dear Diary,

As I approach the ripe old age of 3, I find myself with regular vet appointments, loads of prescriptions, and lots of aches and pains.  Visits with friends now turn into a comparison of medications and recent diagnoses. 

Recently, I have had a most irritating absess on my toe.  I've had two surgeries in the last 6 months just for a stupid little toe.  It turns out that one tiny piece of foxtail got stuck in my toe and festered! Stupid grass.   I have made a regular routine out of licking it and that makes Mom crazy.  She just doesn't get that it takes practice to make those special slurping, snorfeling sounds.  I can't just do it on a whim!  Mom's just don't understand.  She tries to keep it wrapped up, but I just rip off the bandages.  I'm contrary like that.  They just bug me.  And then she has to wrap my foot in plastic wrap just for me to go outside.   Thank goodness it is almost healed.  I'm not sure I can take her obsession!

Then to top it all off, this weekend I ate something that made me so itchy I had to wake Mom up at 2 a.m. on Saturday night just to tell her about it.  I've been on a regular dose of Benedryl ever since, but 2 a.m. is just when it seems to be the worse.  I am seeing Dr. Sunshine AGAIN today.   Does it get easier?  Today would have been my sister Echo's 16th birthday.  Just think - she was alive five times longer than I have been alive.  I don't know how she survived it!  Maybe I'm just having a 30% of life crisis.

Love, Hank


Comments

Popular Posts