The Good Ole' Days (a flashback)

Dear Diary, 

I was looking back at trips we took when we were allowed to leave the house.  When I was only 6 months old we went to Houston to see Uncle Glen.  Echo was alive then.  I miss Echo.  Mommy says we may be getting a new sister.  I hope she is fun and doesn't want a lot of attention.  Mommy is my mommy.  

Anyway, here's a fun memory from our trip:

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 11:40 PM
Post lunch car conversation.

Echo: Dad, Hank won’t move over.
Hank: I’m on my side.
Hank: hey, Echo. Hey. Hey. Echo. wanna wrestle?
Echo: I’m sleeping. Move your tail. It’s on my side.
Hank: Hey Dad? Wanna play with this bottle I found under the seat?
Echo: rolls eyes
Dad: no, buddy. Lay down.
Echo: get your stinky giant feet off my bed.
Hank: I’m just stretching.
Echo: grrrrrrrrrrr
Hank: whhhhhhiiiiiiinnnne
Mom: Hank, don’t bother your sister
Hank: I’m bored. Can I come up there with you?
Dad: no , Hank. Here, chew on this.
Hank: Oooooh! A bungee cord. I love these. Hey, Echo, wanna play bungee cord?
Echo: grrrrrrrrr
Hank: Geez. Ok.
(3 minutes of quiet)
Mom: Hank? What are you doing?
Hank: (whispers) Hey Echo. Look at this. It’s a cargo net hat! 

Echo: you are so lame. Mom, look at Hank.
Mom: laughs. Hank, you are so silly. Honey, he’s wearing the cargo net.
Dad: well, at least he’s not whining.
(2 minutes later)
Hank: bark, bark, bark.
Echo: Mom, making him stop staring at me.
Hank: I’m sleeping. See? My eyes are closed. I’m not looking at her.
Mom: Hank, don’t make me come back there.
Echo: grrrrrrr bark!
Hank: oh yeah? Bark!
Dad: Hank, leave your sister alone.
Hank: sticks tongue out at Echo
Echo: YOU ARE SUCH A BRAT!
Mom: alright. That’s it. (Pulls over)
Dad: we need a divider.
Mom: yes, give them separate rooms. 


Tada! Now stay on your separate sides and I don’t want to hear a single peep out of either 
of you!
Echo: Finally. So immature! Not fair that he has the big half. I’m just going to pretend 
to be asleep.


I miss road trips. 

Love, Hank

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts