Little Sister

Dear Diary, 

Surprise!  I have a little sister!  Yeah, exactly.  WTF?  

Thursday, July 16, 2020   Mom is all, let's go for car ride.  Yippee!  Car ride.  And Dad goes along.  Okay, that's weird, but I'm game.  Maybe there will be ice cream involved.   We drive.  That morning I had a play date with my girlfriend, Indy, and so I was pretty hot and tired.  I decided to nap.  

All of a sudden, Dad's getting me out of the car at this place that smells like LOTS of dogs and cats.  Are they leaving me here?  Is this a vet?  I'm taken inside. YIKES!  And taken to this little room that stinks of pee and puppies.  And there is this little black dog.  She barks at me.  Mom is there.  So, I figure if I ignore this little black thing, I get to leave and get ice cream.  Apparently, Mom thinks I need to play with this thing.  Hmmmm.  We go outside, because, well, it smells bad and this little thing doesn't seem to like me or Dad much.   We go outside to this little shady place with plastic grass.  I figure if I stand by the gate, then they'll get the idea.  We spend 15 minutes ignoring each other and Mom is trying to make us be friends.  Weirdest thing ever.  Dad and I go back to the car and I think I'm safe.  Then, all of a sudden, Mom climbs into the back seat with this critter in her lap!  But, I know my Mom.  If I pout, I'll get my way.



Well, when we get home, Mom takes this thing to the back yard!?   I'm leery, but willing to allow her to stay for a few minutes. 

Mom tells me this is "your new little sister"!  Did I ask for a little sister?  Mom says that this thing, her name ends up being Bug, is here for me to play with.  I do like to play.  

Friday, July 17, 2020  OMG!  Bug is so cute and fun to play with!  I have been telling Mom how much I needed a playmate.  And, I get to be BIG BROTHER and teach her all my good and bad habits.  So far, she is learning how to potty outside (good), beg for food (good), bark at the neighbor dogs (good), use the doggie door (good), and get Mom's attention (bad).  

I think I might keep her.
   

Let's see how I feel next week.

Love, 
Hank




Comments

Popular Posts